Thursday 5 November 2009

I got a Cat Flap!

So, they decided it was time I was allowed outside, and gave me something called a cat flap.  Here I am, inspecting it to make sure it’s fit for purpose..

CIMG1014

Truthfully, it’s a little snug on the hips, so I have to wriggle a bit to get through, but I’ve had an interesting foray round the garden, and into next door, where the two girl cats live.  I met one of them on the fence yesterday, but she hissed at me – must have been the sight of my ginger manliness – then ran away.  Since then, I’ve taking to hiding underneath their deck – am sure they will come out soon.  I’ve already shown them who’s boss through the patio door.

Anyway, back to the cat flap.  It’s one of those electro-magnetic ones, so I have to wear a great big blue thing on my collar.  Even so, it doesn’t really work properly, as it won’t open from the outside, and I have to force my way in.  Good job I’m a big strong ginger man cat! 

CIMG1015I must remember to push, not pull.

They like me to stay in at night, because they like me to sleep on the bed, this I know.  However, I’d really like to go out at night.  They always put something in front of the cat flap to stop me breaking it, but last night I managed to push most of this out of the way.  She didn’t seem very happy when she had to get out of bed at 3.30 am, and he even threw a cushion at me.  He gave up and went and slept on the sofa, presumably to catch me trying to get out.  Little did he know that was really my plan, and as soon as he got up, I snuggled down on his side of the bed for the rest of the night!

1 comment:

  1. Cunning plan.

    Our mum used to lock our cat flap at night, but then she gave up as we would simply bang it all night.

    Have fun with you new flap!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...